6035 Shallowford Rd. Suite #109
Chattanooga, TN 37421
ClinSearch is a multi-disciplinary clinical research site that brings many years of experience and leadership in the research community to the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. Our research site effectively combines strategic accelerated volunteer recruitment and retention with high-quality clinical trial conduct practices. Our approach is uncompromising – each study conducted at our site is carefully planned and executed according to protocol and regulations with superior quality.
ClinSearch was founded in 1990 and is led by Dr. Mark McKenzie, Medical Director.
ClinSearch has a 5,000-square-foot dedicated research facility in Chattanooga, TN. Our building is conveniently located near three major medical centers and is only 2 miles from the Chattanooga Airport. ClinSearch is quickly accessible from all areas of town.
- Fully-alarmed, 24-hour monitored security system with selective pin access
- Dedicated monitoring rooms with high-speed Internet, copier, phone and fax
- 24-hour dedicated emergency contact phone
- Conference room with access to internet
- Fully-equipped examination rooms
- Climate controlled and secured drug storage with limited key access
- Climate controlled and secure on-site records storage
- Dedicated coordinator offices
- Infusion Suite
- State of the art CLIA waived laboratory
- On site emergency equipment including AED, oxygen, crash cart medications (IV fluids, steroids, epinephrine, ASA, inhalers)
- Ultra So-Lo freezer (-20° and -70°)
- Dry ice storage capabilities
- Locked refrigerator and freezer
- ECG – Mac 1200
- Scales – Tanita
- Data log tag 24/7 temperature monitoring system
- IV/Infusion Capabilities
- Welch Allyn Baumanameter blood pressure units
- Centrifuge & Refrigerated Centrifuge Incubator
ClinSearch is affiliated with a local diagnostic center with the following capabilities:
- Ultra-fast CT
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Liquid Nitrogen Storage
Online Data Management System
We utilize an online system to merge real time recruitment, trial progression and all study data. Our database includes over 12,000 people and is continuously growing.
Deborah R. DiStefano, MD – Research Sub-Investigator Dr. Distefano is one of Chattanooga’s best-known physicians. She first came to the area in 1982 as chairperson of the Department of Ophthalmology at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. She completed her medical degree, internship and residency (Chief Resident) at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. DiStefano completed her fellowship at Harvard in 1982. Dr. DiStefano has numerous publications and awards to her credit. In 2004, she founded a charitable organization that helps families with monetary support while undergoing treatment for cancer. She is currently the owner of DiStefano Regional Eye Center.
Dr. Richard Sadowitz has been practicing gastroenterology in Chattanooga since 1994. He is board-certified in gastroenterology. Dr. Sadowitz received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida at Gainesville and his doctorate from the University of Miami School of Medicine. He completed an internship and residency in internal medicine at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. Dr. Sadowitz completed a fellowship in digestive diseases at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, NJ. Dr. Sadowitz’ scope of practice includes, but is not limited to, upper endoscopy, ERCP, capsule endoscopy, colonoscopy, liver diseases, infrared coagulation for the treatment of hemorrhoids and irritable bowel syndrome.
We conduct clinical research trials to advance health.
There are lots of reasons to participate in a medical study.
Browse and apply for a study today!
Studies Enrolling Here
Alzheimer’s Disease (Mild to Moderate) - Age 55-85
A clinical research study for those with signs of early Alzheimer's Disease.
Autoimmune Disorder - Age 18+
A sample collection study for those diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder.