Hepatic Encephalopathy and Liver Cirrhosis
Be Proactive About Your Liver Cirrhosis
Nearly half of people living with cirrhosis get hepatic encephalopathy (HE). HE is complication of advanced liver cirrhosis that can cause severe episodes of mental and physical decline. Clinsearch is looking to see if a study medicine, rifaximin, can safely prevent HE in adults with advanced liver cirrhosis.
To qualify, to must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 70
- Have a diagnosis of advanced liver cirrhosis
- Have not been diagnosed with overt HE (a severe form of HE)
- Do not experience any cognitive issues due to HE or any other illness
- Do not have an active COVID-19 infection
Qualified participants will receive:
- Study-related medication at no cost
- Study-related medical exams at no cost
- Compensation for time and travel
Contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge and treatments, while receiving expert medical care under close supervision.
The M3 Wake Research Network has powered innovation with over 9,100 Successful Clinical Trials in patients from 6 months to 85 years.
Patient safety is paramount with strict protocols and ethical guidelines, minimizing risks and ensuring thorough monitoring throughout the trial.